7 ways to enjoy the natural beauty of NorthNorfolk this Summer whilst on a short break in Cromer.
Visitors are spoilt for choice for daytime activities enjoying the natural beauty our coast and countryside offers under its wide open skies with stunning views in all directions. Nature can be seen at its finest in the countryside parks and miles of unspoilt coastline along the Norfolk Coast Path. Here’s our top 7 activities to get the most from your short break and ensure you enjoy the best of Norfolk!
- Enjoy a heritage steam train ride on the Poppy Line between Sheringham and Holt and admire the beautiful countryside, you may spot rabbits, hares or deer if you look closely enough
- Join a cruise aboard a paddleboat on the Norfolk Broads and enjoy the chance to see Otters, Herons and many other natural delights in the UK’s only National Water Park
- Go Crabbing off the Pier in Cromer & watch the fishermen bring in their daily haul of Cromer Crabs
- Take a boat trip to see the Seal colony at Blakeney Point
- Take a walk on the sandy beach at Holkham, the BBC Countryfile Beach of the Year 2018, how many different seashells and seabirds can you spot?
- Enjoy a day walking and birdwatching at the Norfolk Wildlife preserve at Cley or RSPB Titchwell
- Admire the Peregines nesting at Norwich Cathedral (new for 2019 they are also nesting in Cromer Church) and explore the many medieval churches to be found in Norwich and the many picturesque villages in the surrounding North Norfolk countryside
A bonus suggestion to finish your day!
Relax with a complimentary glass of sherry and a slice of fruit cake at the Virginia Court Hotel after a days sightseeing before deciding what to enjoy for dinner!